We must have heard from friends or relatives and many around us make statements like“What’s wrong with me?” , when ever they feel overwhelmed from their states of failure and falling short of expectations.
The constant awareness of our “falling short” is where the devil and religion want to keep us. This keeps us defeated and hemmed in by shame, rather than liberated through our divine nature. 2 Peter 1:4 says, “Through His promises, we share in the divine nature of God and escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
In order to liberate ourselves and escape from this trap of the enemy , we need to understand the following:
1. Understand the gift of righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “He who knew NO sin, was made to be sin FOR US, that we would be MADE the righteousness of God.” This is the greatest EXCHANGE in human history! Jesus took our sinfulness and imparted to us His righteousness–which means we are RIGHT in God’s eyes, not wrong.
2. Awake to righteousness. 1 Corinthians 15:34 (Amp.) says, “Awaken to righteousness; and you will not sin.” When God thinks of you, He thinks of a victorious, conquering, strong, powerful, wise, and holy son or daughter. He sees you as a mighty champion. The head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13). Righteousness means: To stand in His presence without a sense of guilt, shame, inferiority or condemnation.
3. Reject sin-consciousness. When you are always conscious of what’s wrong, you will DO wrong. When you are always conscious of BEING the righteousness of God – you will DO right. You’ll act on the outside how you see yourself on the inside.
4. Ask the Holy Spirit to do what He does best. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, “…we have received the Spirit of God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God.” A key ministry of the Holy Spirit is to REVEAL what is already yours (NOT TO REVEAL TO YOU ALL THAT IS WRONG IN YOUR LIFE).
5. Dwell on what’s right rather than what’s wrong. Go through the Scripture regarding who you are in Christ; what is yours in Christ, and what you can do in Christ. It’s staggering. Flood your mind with this new way of thinking.
Shalom – WDI